Ingredients: 1 can Chickpeas - BPA Free, low sodium (drained and rinsed well) 2 tsp Vanilla extract 1/2 cup natural peanut butter 1/4 cup Rye flour 2 tbsp Maple syrup 1 tsp Baking powder 1 dash Salt (a pinch, if nut butter doesn't have any) 1/2 cup Dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C.. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the food processor to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
2. Add the chocolate chips and stir them in to prevent being over processed by the food processor. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
3. With wet hands, form into 3cm balls then flatten into a cookie shape.. Place onto baking paper and press down slightly. They don't really rise.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes. The dough balls will soft when you take them out of the oven. Let sit for 15 minutes or so to cool.
5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the fridge) for up to 1 week.